About the DIET
The constitution of India under Article 45 made it obligatory to the part of government for providing free and compulsory education for all children until they complete the age of fourteen years. It also gave emphasis for 100% literacy. This objective was yet to be realised in its intended sense. In the year 1986, Indian parliament adopted a New National Policy on Education (NPE) which stated that improvement in the status and professional competence of teachers is the cornerstone of educational reconstruction. It envisaged teacher education as a continuous process with pre-service and in-service training being its inseparable components. It was in this context District Institute of Education and Training DIETs) were established throughout the country. In the year 1989, District Institute of Education & Training (DIET), Nagaon was established in Nagaon district and later recognised by NCTE in 2005. Right from the inception DIET, Nagaon has been rendering quality training to the elementary school teachers (both lower & upper primary) with the support of its 7 branches namely PSTE, IFIC, WE, ET, P&M, DRU & CMDE. Besides training this institution has been imparting administrative level training to the block level officials like BEEO, SI etc. To minimize the academic problems of the teachers, DIET faculties have been conducting Action research regularly and giving them fruitful suggestions. Apart from it the faculties have been regularly supervising and monitoring the schools of the entire Nagaon district under 11 educational blocks.
With a view to revamp the elementary education system, DIET, Nagaon has been devised as a vibrant instrument for bringing about qualitative transformation in the system of elementary education at the district level.
- Year of Establishment : 1989
- Course available : 2-yrs D.El.Ed. , Approved Intake : 100.
- Post Strength : Academic = 25 , Non Academic = 23
- Land Area : 22 Bighas.
- Total plinth ares : 3500 Sq m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : www.dietnagaon.co.in
- Phone No : 03672-229919 / 7002800043
- Longitude : 92.81 E
- Latitiude : 26.40 N
- Address : Vill – Bheleuguri
P.O. & P.S. – Samaguri
Dist. – Nagaon (Assam)
PIN – 782140
NEWS & UPDATES
A D V E R T I S E M E N T :
SCERT Assam D.El.Ed. Admission 2023
- Official Notification Click Here
- Online Application Form Click Here
- Important Dates
1. Opening of Online Submission of Applications = 25th July, 2023
2. Closing of Online Submission of Applications with fee payment = 22nd August, 2023
3. Downloading of ADMIT Card = From 1st September, 2023 onwards
4. Date of Pre-Entry Test (PET)-2023 = 10th September, 2023 (Sunday)
5. Declaration of Result = 20th September, 2023
Results of Semester End Evalauation, 2-Yrs. D.El.Ed. Course